Scroll to the bottom for more goodies ...

My photo
"Poetry is the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash." Leonard Cohen

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A BLANKET PROMISE

Were you to waken in the black of night
and see the scary scaries of every everywhere
Remember - I will always be right there:
where-ever you reach
Any place in that darkness, you will feel me
I will be the sunshine surrounding you in the night

Remember always - I will chase  any
and all monsters right away - gone, gone, gone
And wrap  myself around you,  your best
blanket ever

Without fully waking, you will feel completely safe
You will touch the edges of my stitching
And rub my satin binding across your cheek as
you doze
I will fold you in my arms and rock you gently
Until you fall into a deep dreamless sleep


Never doubt this little man
I've got you covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts? I'd love to hear them. Truly.