Scroll to the bottom for more goodies ...

My photo
"Poetry is the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash." Leonard Cohen

Thursday, April 8, 2010

AND A THIRD POEM BASED ON THE prompt "tool"

Jack Will Never be a Tool

Jack as you grow older you are going
To learn some things about your name
And you might have to develop a thick skin
Or you will be looking somewhere to lay blame

For as strong and plain as your name seems now
And it is, for it was my father’s so I know
It is also rich in innuendo and plays on words
So some days it will make you crazy, ready to blow

See you can jack a car or hijack a plane or get
Jacked or use a jack to fix a car – just to say a few
And while my title means I don’t know you hon
The saying means whoever knows little, so they do

I have faith my little man that you will be smart
And kind, and learn to deal with what life hands out
And if you get kidded about your name you will likely
Turn it around, say hey, and ask them what it’s all about

From the work-in-progress You Don’t Know Jack (poems and short essays written for and about my grandson, Jack Joseph Alexander Rumer, the year he was born)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts? I'd love to hear them. Truly.