Scroll to the bottom for more goodies ...

My photo
"Poetry is the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash." Leonard Cohen

Monday, November 17, 2014

HOLY SKIES











I sit with you so many nights in the Islamic cemetery,
Outside of town where the silence is profound
And the night-sky richly dark; there's so little ambient
light, the stars tearing the fabric are sharper, more sparkly.

Had you not died, I doubt I would ever have seen this place
It occurs to me, I am not close to many Muslims...
Although I might've come here to see where they laid
the babe...another story...for another time.

It strikes me often when I visit you at dusk, or in deepest
night, how sacred I find this place where Allah's children
sleep - it has nothing to do with faith or beliefs...but
everything to do with feeling holy, and when I am here

That is how I feel, especially as I love the night sky
and she is at her radiant best here - bestowing shooting
stars, meteor showers, the Pleiades every summer;
even the Aurora deigns to dance just for me and you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts? I'd love to hear them. Truly.