Scroll to the bottom for more goodies ...

My photo
"Poetry is the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash." Leonard Cohen

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

FISH HIGH



Ski six high
Why?
His hips
Pick his lips
Which zip
Which is why
High fix!
I sigh, sigh I


*


Oulipost Day Two - Lipogram - wherein the poet is constrained by the number of letters available for use; in this case as we are using our daily newspaper for source material, any letter that appears in the name of the paper is forbidden...Edmonton Journal proved a formidable source name as it left me with only one real vowel ... "i" and the sometimes permitted vowel (of which I took full advantage) "y". Hence, my rather lame Seussian attempt (apologies to Theodor Geisel, I don't mean to imply I am anywhere near his league).


Source: Edmonton Journal - Wednesday April 2.2014, Section A - pages A4, A5 - articles:  Dinning gives PCs an earful; Parents on a rescue mission; Tories set to change elk farm rules; Alberta students near top in problem-solving test; 'Massive waterfall of snow' buried men; Schoolmates remember 17-year-old girl; Remarkably, gamers haven't hit mute button on her music: composer (con't from A1) and, Probe urged into suite for premier.

*(Wonder of Nature by Rene Magritte)

8 comments:

  1. Love the assonance - I know you didn't have much choice, but it's a nice effect! Also a big fan of Magritte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig this. The "I" sound gives it momentum. A speedy, clipped feel. very sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic that you chose to accompany it -- perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magritte's art is a perfect accompaniment to this piece. One vowel is a challenge. Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! & kudos on the accompanying artwork! It's all about the F-U-*! (*Couldn't use the N, from NYT! :} )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine a better picture/poem pairing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts? I'd love to hear them. Truly.