Scroll to the bottom for more goodies ...

My photo
"Poetry is the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash." Leonard Cohen

Sunday, December 7, 2014

IF IT'S ALL THE SAME TO YOU













If it's all the same to you, I think I'll pass on today's
Middle East skirmish
If you can call the slaughter of children by something
as pernicious as a suicide bombing, a skirmish
If it's all the same to you, I'll also take a pass on hearing
any more about the riots in the USA
Because another policeman has done something untoward
or outside the rules of law
Not because I don't believe it - I do - I'm just tired of the whole
business
I wouldn't be a cop anywhere south of the 49th
for all the money there is
If it's all the same to you,  I will pass on the number of football
games available to me on my television
I know it's downright amazing, but I think I can contain myself
If it's all the same to you, I will resist reading reviews
of the latest books, movies, and musical releases -
especially those I might be the least bit interested in seeing
Not because of their so-called spoiler alerts, but because reviews
tend to spoil my first shot at viewing any of these things;
give me a chance to make up my own mind without your
well-meant but unavoidable influence, thanks
That's it - if it's all the same to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts? I'd love to hear them. Truly.