Scroll to the bottom for more goodies ...

My photo
"Poetry is the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash." Leonard Cohen

Thursday, November 6, 2014

RIGHT NOW, THIS MINUTE, WE ARE SO HAPPY











The silence hums like music through the ether
We have reached the place we always reach
Said the words we always say at some point
"I don't know, I just don't know..."
It doesn't matter which one of us says it first,
the other repeats as evenly as an echo

Then, depending on several variables, the
conversation can go any number of ways
But we are becoming more determined, the
longer this untenable situation continues
To live in the moment, to take what we have
for sure and be grateful

So - one or the other will break the silence
and affirm..."I am so happy, all the rest aside..."
And she, or I, will agree -- and mean it...
"I know -it's bizarre, but this is probably
the happiest I've ever been..."
We speak of the things in our life for which
we're grateful; health, love, the dogs, enough
money...

We let the pain of betrayal and the loss of the
others be tamped down once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts? I'd love to hear them. Truly.