Scroll to the bottom for more goodies ...

My photo
"Poetry is the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash." Leonard Cohen

Monday, November 24, 2014

I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND









Should you one day decide to tell me
what this has been about
Should you suddenly wake up and think
--- oh, I've been crazed
And call me up and tell me that;
I still don't think I'll get it
No, by now, I realize, I will never understand

If even a month ago, someone had suggested
this as a possible outcome
I might have hesitated, might have paused to
consider the chance that you
could explain the turn our lives are taking
The idea that there is an explanation had not
quite paled to non-existent then
But it was fast becoming so

And now, with a few more weeks slid down
the metaphorical drain
And the wall between us built taller, more impermeable
I know I will never understand what has happened
It will not matter, should you ever think to tell me


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts? I'd love to hear them. Truly.