Scroll to the bottom for more goodies ...

My photo
"Poetry is the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash." Leonard Cohen

Friday, April 18, 2014

FAREWELL TO JIM FLAHERTY










More than 1,000 mourners
the political elite
green scarves at their necks


Source: Edmonton Journal - Thursday April 17, 2014 - from the section, "News and Opinion", article, "Farewell to Jim Flaherty" - taking some liberties with the haiku form; instead of the typical 5 7 5, I've gone and done a 7 5 7 since these lines fairly leapt off the page at me and I really didn't see myself doing any better.




  


THURSDAY, APRIL 17: HAIKUISATION
The haiku is a Japanese poetic form whose most obvious feature
is the division of its 17 syllables into lines of 5, 7 and 5 syllables.
Haikuisation has sometimes been used by Oulipians to indicate
the reduction of verses of normal length to lines of haiku-like
brevity. Select three sentences from a single newspaper article
and “haiku” them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts? I'd love to hear them. Truly.