Scroll to the bottom for more goodies ...

My photo
"Poetry is the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash." Leonard Cohen

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

WITH REAL REGRET - Day 22


More than old photos, greeting cards, even letters - it is journal entries of my own that I find the most upsetting, the ones I made while still in Italy debating about returning early from our stay there, wondering if you were really that sick, or just getting old. Of course I know, as it turned out, you weren't really all that ill that time - were in fact checking out of the place by the time we had landed. But, I find myself thinking - you were never really quite right after that either, were you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts? I'd love to hear them. Truly.